Monday, August 19, 2013

The Recovery Part II

So this is what... almost a full 4 days after the operation now.  I took off the medical tape that was strapped all over my body as an impromptu type of compression shirt.  The trick is to make sure you get this shit as wet as possible with water and I decided to add a little KY to the mix as well as it is a very interesting feeling pulling this stuff off your body (especially when your skin feels numb).  I decided to take some photos today as well so this is the first set of post-operation pics and with the amount of swelling that I am currently experiencing are not all that impressive :(.  Although I can report that my 'equipment' is not bruised hahaha - nothing below my belt is bruised at all.


I can say that I have this really weird feeling.  I feel like I am in someone else's skin right now and it is such a creepy feeling.  The skin is very numb all around the abdomen and I am now suspecting that the Ab Muscle is as well and that it is not bruised like I had previously suspected.  I had thought maybe the way the bandages were put on my body had caused this sensation but after 6 hours of them being removed I still have this numb feeling all over the skin.  Some parts of the skin (between the front abs and the obliques) are completely flat and appear to be in its final state and that part looks good to me, but the abs and sides are so swollen progress is very hard to see.  I still have some deep purple bruising on my sides (shown in pictures) and dont expect them to clear up for another week or two (around the same time I expect the swelling to start to subside).

I am moving around much better.  I went shopping this morning and am going out for a couple of drinks tonight on Soi 7.  Nothing too crazy, just a few beers with some friends - very low key.  There is no way I want to get any ladies too interested because having someone touch my stomach (which is VERY sore) would induce much more pain than I would be interested in having at this time.  I had considered stopping by a BJ bar though but I decided health needs trump carnal needs.  I plan to be back on the track after a full 7 days post-operation though and will continue to update the blog (probably every other day) until the final results are in.

If you compare the current pictures to the pre-op pics I am sure you will tell a very large difference but the doctor has assured me that my current results are nowhere near the end after a full month of healing time.  He went so far as to suggest that because he had removed ALL of the fat in the stomach area, the end result will be six pack abs (and having those for life as the fat will never return to that area - unless I gain a significant amount of weight see 20 KG).  Speaking of KG, my pre-operation weigh in was 109 KG and my current weight is 103 KG.  And I am completely ashamed to say that during the last few days on my back the only food I have consumed is whatever is deliverable (McDonalds, KFC, Pizza Hut), but in much reduced quantities as previously.

When I compare the pictures myself I am quite happy already but looking in the mirror still provides me with nothing but disgust.  I am having no issues wearing my compression shirts (had to get Nike Pro Combat shirts) as a little over 2 years ago I was used to wearing them as while in the military I wore the tight Under Armour compression shirts to the gym and under my uniform to keep the skin dry.  I can see how this would annoy most people who have never worn them previously.

No comments:

Post a Comment