Friday, August 16, 2013

The Recovery Part 1

So the procedure was done on 8/15/2013 late at night (roughly 7 pm to 11 pm Thai Time).  I stayed the night in my private room, and left the following day 8/16/2013 around 5pm back to my condo in Jomtien (next to Pattaya).

It is now mid-day on the 17th.  The body is very bruised (dark purple) at the bottom of the love handles and lower abs area.  I do not see any bruising on the chest.  I would really not be interested in taking a photo yet.  My functionality is pretty good, I got up this morning twice under my own power (although it took me holding my leg and kicking my leg down to sit-up as I cannot use my ab muscles yet) and once with the help of a friend just pulling my arm.  All 3 of those were from a laying down position.  I got up and went down stairs for some breakfast (and had no problems getting out of the chair afterwards) although discomfort / slight pain while attempting to sit and get up.  Same situation as previous - The standing, walking, sitting, laying positions are just fine, it is the changing positions that is where the pain comes into play - something that I hope to put behind me tomorrow or the day after.

Getting off of the toilet in my condo's bathroom was quite the challenge though in addition to some slight pain while trying to wipe (contracting the oblique)!  Luckily my arm reached far enough that I could use the sink lip to pull myself up.  Honestly I am just considering myself lucky that I didn't need to go number 2 up until today lol.  I haven't felt much need to do any mirror par-oozing today, other than the quick checks of the bruising.

My friend is getting me some compression shirts today so I will start wearing those as now I am only wearing this what appears to be many strips of medical tape across the entire front of my body.  I have noticed that I am smaller already, in the elevator mirrors this morning en-route to breakfast and am looking forward to a few days from now and longer still.

Oh, this morning when I got out of bed the first time and had some pain doing so, I went out on my balcony to smoke a cigarette and I thought to myself - I wish I never did this.  I think during those moments of pain those thoughts would be natural but those thoughts quickly removed themselves and I am happy I did the operation, I would just be more happy if I was already on day 5!

No comments:

Post a Comment